I had the best of intentions this morning. Kman and I were going to hit up a free yoga class at the SoHo lululemon, but we were both pretty spent from our runs yesterday. He did 13.1 miles (what a nut, right? he just did it for fun!), while I eked out 4.6 miles in 43 minutes. My average pace was 9:31, with my fastest mile clocking in at 9:11!
My running goal for this year is to be able to run one mile in 7:20, which is the quickest mile that I’ve ever run. That was my usual pace junior year in highschool when I was in peak shape. Being a 3 sport varsity athlete with winter training at CATZ will do that to you! That was slightly tangential, but now you know one of my 2012 goals.
So, instead of saluting the sun, I kicked my rear into gear in other ways!
1. Whipped up broccoli, turkey bacon, and cheese omelettes for breakfast.
2. Had a mini-spa session with a clay face mask. ALIEN ALERT!
using Aztec healing clay from Whole Foods.
3. Painted my nails in a semi-ombre fashion, per a random suggestion from Kman.
4. Cooked a pot of garbanzo bean soup (recipe will go up this week).
5. Made my own vegetable stock to use in said garbanzo bean soup. I also froze a bunch to use later!
6. Hit up ShopRite for some grub to get us through the week. Escarole, parsley, soy milk, asparagus, avocados, whole wheat pasta, lemons, etc! A big BJ’s/ShopRite trip is in store later this week, so I just got a few things to tide us over until then.
And on a completely unrelated note, I just dug up this video that I made about a year ago that (sorta kinda) sums up how Kman and I met and started dating. You can read the actual truncated version here.