Like, Love, Want More of
My favorite part of magazines has always been collages of random images with details listed below the picture. So imagine my delight when I saw that Lauren posted this little ditty the other day!
With the weather starting to feel a bit like fall, I’ve been thinking a lot about changing products, updating my wardrobe, and infusing my cooking with some autumnal ingredients. However, there are some things that never change. I present to you a compilation of my favorite things, no matter what season it is!
1. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Stick This stuff is a godsend. I always get weird looks when I apply it because it looks like a giant glue stick, but it’s hands down the best chapstick I’ve ever used. Bonus: it smells absolutely divine!
2. Trader Joe’s Almond Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds Think of how good almond butter is. Then think about how good crunchy almond butter is. Then think about how good flaxseeds are for you. Ah-maze-ing. Where has this been all my life?
3. Crystal salt lamp I have a tendency to buy into the hype of certain things, and salt lamps might just be another example of this. When I first saw this lamp, I was drawn to the look of it. Then, I read about the claims that salt lamps emit negative ions which help to purify indoor air and I was completely sold. Does it work? Maybe. Do I love it? You bet!
4. Flannel shirts Maybe it’s because I went to school in Maine, but flannel holds a special place in my heart. Impossibly comfy and cozy, I wear them year round. In fact, I should probably pick a couple more up…you can never have enough!
5. Ojon Revitalizing Mist I first got this as a sample from Sephora and it was love at first spritz. It smells wonderful and makes your hair feel as good as new! I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve used this many times after the gym to freshen up my hair. WHAT?! Tell me you’ve never done something like that!
6. Ray Ban Matte Wayfarers This is actually a touchy subject since mine are sort of busted right now (rolled our bed over them…long story), but they’re my favorite style of sunglasses. They are universally flattering and so classic. I’ve never been into the big celeb style sunglasses, so these have been my go-to ever since I invested in a really nice pair. And the matte is so unusual! Love love love.
7. LOL Post camera case Part of this stems from my laziness to find an actual camera case, but I’m so glad I stumbled upon this. It’s such a fun way to store and carry your camera, and people are always shocked when I have it sitting out. It’s even better with a little wear and tear on the outside because then it truly looks like a busted piece of mail!
8. Biosilk silk therapy My everyday, gotta have it, would be depressed if they stopped making it, hair product. Put a dollop onto wet hair and kiss your frizz and fly-aways goodbye! I don’t even know how many bottles of this stuff I’ve gone through since high school haha.
9. Tiny mason jars The perfect size jar for juice. I just had a discussion with Kman about this last night. Sometimes, I want some OJ, but not all the calories that go along with it, so these little 5 inch jars are perfect! Thanks, Ruth, for giving them to me…they’re wonderful!
10. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream I really am a creature of habit. I tend to use the same products over and over. Well, that’s not entirely true. I used to be really fickle with products until I nailed down the ones that were tried and true. This is one of them! My skin tends to be pretty dry, so this nice, thick face lotion is perfect. I know you’re supposed to switch to lighter products in the summer, but I use it all year long and it never clogs my pores. Win-win!