June Goals + Exciting Job News!
Rabbit rabbit! I love the first day of a new month because I always view it as a fresh start, a clean slate, a chance to make some changes. That’s not to say that if there’s a change you know you should/want to make that you should wait for the start of a new month, but there’s something to be said for the mentality of a brand new month to jolt your motivation.
Time for some accountability, people. I wanted to check in and see how I fared with my May goals, so let’s take a quick look.
- Continue to sticking to spreadsheet budget (which I’ve maintained religiously since Jan) – YES!
- Run Brooklyn Half without walking whatsoever – YES! 2:09:53
- Practice yoga once a week (my Tara Stiles DVD) – NO. Just once.
- Pack for move, eek! - YES!
- Track food strictly via Lose It App – NO. Remember when I broke up with calorie counting?
- Minimum of 20 miles/week running – NO.
- Back to green smoothies for breakfast – YES! Averaged about 2-3 a week.
- Continue juicing every morning – YES!
- No splurge meals for the month of May – NO. I didn’t really like this goal to begin with, so let’s call it a wash.
- As much as it saddens me to say…no fro yo! Had it like 5 times in the last 3 weeks. – NO. Had it twice
- 100 pushups a day (can be split up into morning/night) – NO. But keeping this goal for June!
All in all, not tooooo shabby! Like I’ve said before, I love goals because even if you don’t meet or exceed all of them, just the fact that you are consciously working towards bettering the personal/financial/physical/mental/whatever aspects of your life is a step in the right direction! Don’t get discouraged by not meeting all of your goals, but rather learn from them and see what you can improve upon next time.
Time for June!
- Continue to sticking to spreadsheet budget
- Practice yoga once a week
- Back to green smoothies for breakfast
- Continue juicing every morning
- 100 pushups a day
- Join a gym and get back to 3x/week strength training workouts
- Get back into Monday, Wednesday, Friday AM running schedule
- Try replacing some coffee with unsweetened iced tea
- Drink 8-10 bottles of water a day, minimum.
- Start and rock my new job!
Notice I didn’t include anything like “Lose XX lbs by this date”? Because I know it will come off by making these other changes. I’d much rather have the mindset of working out and eating right because it’s good for me rather than because I want to lose more weight. Don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely working to get things right n’ tight! But I’m not fixating on it.
And I haven’t announced it officially yet…BUT, as some of you may know, I recently accepted a job offer at Chobani!
To say I’m excited would be the understatement of the century. I’ve been with my current company for 2+ years and was yearning for a change with every fiber of my being. I’m thrilled to be joining a team of amazing people and representing an amazing product! I’ll be a community coordinator, meaning I’ll be conducting blogger outreach, handling all the various social media channels, etc.
I can fully say that if I had never started this blog and dove into the healthy living blogger community that I don’t think I’d have been presented with this opportunity.
I’ve been pretty bad about posting this week even though I’ve been a busy bee, so instead of a backlog of posts giving you the haps, and because I love lists…here we go!
Tuesday night: 16 Handles date with Jessica, Home Depot, TJ MAxx, and Bed Bath & Beyond trip with Kman.
Wednesday night: Met up with my friend Kate at Sephora for a much-needed make-up haul, then to Madison Square Eats blogger/runner date! Too many awesome girls to list here, but I look forward to many more fun meetups like that!
Thursday night: Ducked out of work early to meet Katy http://kategettingmarried.com/ for another bridesmaid dress fitting. Verdict: gorgeous!
Tonight: Hopefully signing up for Crunch gym right by our apartment, which is just a quick block away from my new subway to commute to work.
That’s all, folks! Busy weekend ahead, but it’ll be a good one per usual. Happy Friday!