How To Quit Your Job!
Now, as most of you may know by now…my last day at my old job was last Tuesday. And as you also may know, I’ve been seriously MIA from blogging. I know I had a bunch of free time and no real schedule to keep last week, but honestly, the last thing that I wanted to do was be on the computer! Sure, I was still tweeting and instragraming up a storm, but all from my phone. Below, I’ll tell ya how to quit your job and enjoy every single moment of your time off before starting a new one.
1. Lug your stuff home from work. Have a photo shoot with the giant stuffed monkey that used to sit on your desk. Observe all the weird looks you get from people while carrying it on the subway. (Don’t worry, Chobani-ites…the monkey won’t be joining me in the office! haha)
2. Cook a nice newly created recipe for dinner to celebrate… with wine, obviously.
3. Use new-found freedom to have a breakfast bagel date with your boyfriend on a weekday.
4. Go shopping! I hit up Marshall’s and scored a few awesome bargains.
5. Walk 2 miles to Trader Joe’s to soak up some sun. Proceed to wander around the store with a carriage. Carry the 25 lbs of groceries you accidentally bought 2 miles back home because it’s a “good workout.”
6. Plan a date with runner friends which should include a nice run, followed by a walk in the pouring rain to get pizza. Enjoy!
7. Start a new workout plan! I’m doing Rachel Cosgrove’s Female Body Breakthrough, and I need to devote a full post to it because it is THAT awesome. Yes, this is my nerdy Google doc that I update on my phone as I go.
8. Get a much-needed haircut! Elle at Prive Salon, you saved me.
9. Treat yourself to a post-haircut midday juice and lunch outside by yourself while reading. People-watch!
10. MORE shopping! This time, shoes. Also acquired this week: new lululemon running crops, a TopShop sweater and a blazer from Aritzia.
11. Cook a bomb-ass dinner that tastes so good your boyfriend asks if you honestly made it. Case in point: buffalo chicken calzones.
12. Enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast with your best friend, followed by a pedicure.
13. Paint and old decrepit trunk while sitting on your sidewalk. I transformed this from a mint green with purple stamped monstrosity (in my defense, I painted it when I was 11) into a glossy blue eye-catching coffee table!
14. More dates! This time: dinner.
15. Bake blueberry scones with fresh blueberries to wind down from a weekend.
These will also be making an appearance on our road trip up to the Chobani plant tomorrow! I’m leaving the balance with Kman because I always get worried that he’s going to eat nothing but take-out, frozen pizzas, and cereal while I’m away.
Other un-pictured activities included but were not limited to: drinking lots of iced coffee, reading my Kindle in Prospect Park and falling asleep under a tree, more shopping early in the day on Saturday, hanging pictures around the apartment, going to the Grand Army Plaza Greenmarket for produce, tidying up the apartment, eye appointment, join a gym…
I think there’s something to be said for unplugging every so often to decompress and take some quality “you” time. Now I know I’m fully mentally rested from my last job and am ready to take on this new adventure!