Hey There, Sweet Pea!
I have a little treat for you guys today! Not one, but two recipes. Sweet potato chips and split pea soup. Both have made appearances on the blog before, but I’ve tweaked each of them a little bit.
First up, one of my favorite foods in the world! I actually made a batch of this on Sunday, but added WAY too much ham to it, so I made yet another batch sans ham. This one was the clear winner!
Split Pea Soup
- 1 bag of dried split peas
- 6 cups of water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours.
- OR add all ingredients to a pot and cook over medium heat for 45minutes – 1hour, stirring occasionally.
- Use immersion blender to whip everything up, and voila!
Not too many ways to make pea soup look appetizing, which is a shame considering how delicious it is. If it were up to me, and I didn’t feel guilty about feeding Kman the same meal every night for dinner, I would eat pea soup 24/7 during the winter.
But alas, I switch things up!
And a nice, light, yummy side for some hearty soup? Baked sweet potato chips!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Thinly slice potato(es) up
- Place slices in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil over them to coat
- Arrange them on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through
What are you waiting for? Go whip this combo up ASAP!